Posts : 326 Join date : 2010-05-25 Age : 30 Location : Not here, but always there.
Subject: Falling Star Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:49 pm
Alias: Falling Star
Appearance: Normally: Kaito is known for wearing blue most of the time, to go with his hair color. Even in the now nearly destroyed world, his looks and music still make him a fan magnet around the remaining strongholds. However, whenever he is using his powers as 'Falling Star', Kaito hides his identity with a special costume. It is made out of a very light fabric that can easily withstand high velocities and even repair damage done to it to help conceal his identity without hindering him. He always 'wears' his costume as a belt - his belt can actually switch out his clothing with the costume nearly instantly, while flashing out light to conceal his body while doing so. The costume covers his upper body with a white, body-tight, not not completely encasing fabric, meaning you won't exactly see a six-pack through it. While the basis is completely white, on the chest above his heart, there is a black ring on it, with 'flames' out of black cloth wavering around on the outer part of that ring, while the exact center of the ring is a black 'dot', which lights up white once he uses his powers. The shoulders of his costume look like two black armored pads, going into white sleeves complete with gloves. A single black line goes from each shoulder down the arm and hand, where it first goes into a larger black dot on the back of each hand, before expanding in a thinner line over each finger. Attached to the neck-part of his costume, Falling Star has two blue strains of cloth, like a scarf. The blue color is a very light blue, like the sky on a cloudless day in the middle of the summer. Furthermore, from his black shoulder-pads, another two black lines go down the sides of his body to the pants. Going alongside the sides of his legs, the main part of the trousers is once more white apart from that black line, while his boots are white, with the classical black line on the sides. The closing 'hatches' of the combat boots are black, too. On his head, though, Falling Star is wearing a full-cover mask. Hiding his hair, and his eyes behind a strange 'white' cover, only his mouth is visible. The white mask has two black lines going over his eyes and crossing at his nose, and expand backwards all around his head. A single, further black thin line goes around his entire head and cuts the other lines exactly in the middle of their crossing points vertically. This line goes down over his chin, downwards over his chest, and ends in the 'ring' around it.
Personality: Kaito is very two-faced, but not in a bad way. It's more or less his way of keeping a dual life. Because he doesn't want anyone to know that he is in fact Falling Star, he is often seen as a rather airheaded, funny guy who is easy to be around. While being a 'celebrity' and 'voice of hope' to the people of the remaining cities with his songs, he always seems upbeat - he believes that one day, the earth will be safe and under human control again, with the help of all of their allies. He promotes working together and teamwork, even though he himself can't fight spirts, as he says, and encourages everyone to keep on believing. Needless to say, as a singer, he is very music-loving and open-minded, although his songs are mostly influenced of the J-music of the time before the invasions. His songs are wide-spread, ranging from cheering for the fighters of justice, to lamenting songs for the lost, to songs about redemption for those Arrancar that decided to join the good fight on their side. He also loves to make compillations with other voices of hope, as he himself calls them. His entire personality seems to be focused around music, and he is known to be very fan-friendly, too. When NOT talking about music, though, he is often seen just dreaming away awake, likes to have good times with friends, and simply enjoy life as a whole, since life without enjoyment is empty to him. He also doesn't have high regard for his own life, though, and can be reckless to protect people. While that may LOOK like he is suicidal, he actually has enough power to fight many evil beings, and while hidden, his personality goes far deeper than just being a musician, because he also is... "The earth cries out! The sky cries out! Humanity longs for salvation! I am the hero who answers their call - FALLING STAR!" He is the hero of the masses, the mysterious protector of all cities, the man who is faster than time itself - Falling Star, hero of Karakura. Having mysterious spiritual powers, Kaito forged this second identity complete with costume and mask. He thinks deeply about the states of the world, and sees himself as a hero to bring it back to it's former state. He is a big team-player, siding with the good guys at all times, praising them - while never belitteling himself. He is a strong idealist, believing that the light will never succumb to darkness. His voice is distinctively stronger, more determined and deeper than Kaitos normal voice, partially because that is actually his real voice, partially to hide his identity even more. He has a strong disgust for villains, but does allow for them to turn around, face the error of their ways and join his cause, if they so decide after a hummilating defeat on his hands or another heroes. He never kills, unless he is fighting a mindless beast like a run of the mill Hollow, and prefers to talk smack after beating an enemy, explaining just why they lost, why their ideals fail to beat his, and why they'll never beat him, no matter how many times they'll try. His 'Reasons Why You Suck' Speeches are quite good.
Powers: Kaitos power is called 'Ray Force', and it basicially is the ability to channel ones own Reiatsu to make spiritual light, which can in turn enhance the own body, objects, solidify, or, as the most basic application, produce light. Easier to use in daylight, the user can absorb said daylight to use less of the own strength, while it is weakened in the night, where the user has only limited moon- and starlight to help out. When inactive, he actually seems like a normal human, with absolutely zero spiritual power, but once activated, his Reiatsu becomes noticeable and he gives off a slight light from his body. Kaito has a few 'forms' he can assume by using a different main type of Ray Force, each with their own set of advantages, disadvantages, moves and special attacks. It can easily be called one of the strongest spiritual mutations ever noticed in a human, but has severe drawbacks. Using it poisons the users bloodstream slightly, which wouldn't be much of a problem if used moderately, but using it as much as Falling Star will slowly but steadily kill him, the source of his hero-name. He tries to hide this fact as good as he can, just like he tries to hide his medication he takes to be able to keep on fighting.
Shared Moves - These can be used in every Form
1. Lightphase - This move is Falling Stars equalivent to flash step. Instead of dashing through the air at impossible to percieve speeds, he turns the imminent area around his body into light particles, which then phase in at his target place. A short-distance teleportation, this can pass through thin or organic objects without trace (like the opponent). The sound made by this is similliar to the humming of a big light-bulb, and when disappearing, Falling Star leaves behind an image of himself that slowly fades out, effectively making an 'afterimage'. This move can be used in rapid succession to create optical tricks. After re-entering reality from his phasing, Kaito glows in all rainbow-colors for a short moment.
2. Ray Shock - A small energy blast released from the right or left hand, this move creates a small orb around said hand and makes it explode into a flash of blinding white energy that sears and burns if it hits. Has the same strength as a Bala, and doesn't need to be announced to have full power.
3. Shining Ray - Turning himself into a pure light-source for a moment, Falling Star can obstruct view onto his body, or even blind someone with enough intensity for some time.
Ray Force: Body This focuses the energy of Ray Force into Falling Stars body, and that is his general fighting style. While centered around speed, the light energy flowing through him also gives him a naturally hardened body, and increases his physical and kinetic strength. All in all, an all-around speedster form. While his body is flooded with the light energy, he can't reach actual light-speed, but his figure can sometimes seem to 'skip' when he does a sudden movement, which has a similliar effect to an afterimage, but only lasts for a fraction of time. (Going from standing to crouching without the movement itself being visible is one example) His speed while running normally exceeds the speed of sound in this form, making his figure blur to normal eyes. He actually reaches three times the speed of sound in this at maximum.
1. Repulsion - his main means of being fast in combat, floating in the air, and attacking at the same time. He can exert energy from his hands and feet, and rreverse gravity around them for himself, or create attraction points infront of himself or repulsion points behind himself - they only affect him, and make him able to move at insane speeds no human would ever be capable off. He often has a trail of light behind him from his hands when using the rays to repulsive himself for high-speed flight, and that is actually where he got the idea for his superhero-name from. (for the easiest example: ever seen Iron Man and thos repulsors? Exactly that.) He can use this in the other forms as well, but is considered the signature of this one.
2. Ray Stream - Bringing both hands together, Falling Star channels this ranged attack, which releaes a beam of energy able to explode upon contact with something and release a searing, burning white Reiatsu-blast. Roughly has the strength of a Gran Rey Cero, and 3 posts cooldown.
3. Ray Pulse - This is Kaitos signature move, and one he uses pretty much all the time. Basicially, in full extreme-fast punching or kicking motion, he forcibly absolutely stops his movement for a fraction of a second, and all the excess energy that would normally go into that small movement gets focused into his attacking body part, resulting in a 'ring' of light flying inward around it and giving it a slight glow. A single charge of Ray Pulse doesn't deal much more damage, but it can be used multiple times in rapid succession, making multiple of the white rings focus into one body part, resulting into a devastating, truely explosive punch or kick that creates a small 'geysir' like blow of pure white energy. Using 1-4 pulses won't make an explosion, and doing it only takes less time than it takes for a human to blink, still being extremely fast. Using 4-10 pulses takes about the time to fire a bala, making it seem like he 'skips' while all light in the fighting area seemingly dims thanks to the glow of the attack, resulting in a strength of half a cero upon hit, and a small eruption. 10-20 pulses take about the same time as a mid-level Kido cast if used all at once, but Falling Star can also half-charge one body part, fight without using it, and charge the rest later, to give less of an opening window. This strike has more power than a normal Cero at maximum charge, releasing a mid-sized blast able to knock opponents back and break steel. 20-40 blasts take the same amount of time as a high-level Kido (up to 80) or a Gran Rey Cero, if charged all at once. This is the maximum Ray Pulse of Body form, and has slightly less power than a level 90+ Kido or Cero Oscuras from someone on his level.
Ray Force: Tool This conjures the light into solidifed forms mostly, and takes away all protective abilities of Body form, leaving only speed, forming solidified weapons and more speed. His max running speed raises up to 4-5 times the speed of sound. Running at mach 5 for more than 2 minutes at a time will cause his skin to burn from traction, though.
1. Weapon Creation: Falling Star can form handheld close-range weapons out of solidified light, meaning all weapons are purely white. He can form two one-handed weapons, like daggers or swords, two-handed weapons like claymores and battle-hammers, and protective gear like shields for one hand or giant tower shields. He can even make a one-handed crossbow that can fire bolts of light with large piercing, but not much destructive power.
2. Ray Strike: This is basicially Ray Pulse, but for weapons, focusing motion-energy into them. However, they have another level above 30-40 charges: 40-50 Charges will ignite the weapon into burning, fluid light-flames, a strange energy that, upon hit and release of the explosion, has a bit more power than a Cero Oscuras from someone on his level, and slightly less charge time than an actual Cero Oscuras IF charged all at once. Ray Force, unlike Ray Pulse, can be focused into a shield as well, leading into a charging attack, ramming into the enemy to release the explosion.
Ray Force: Accel
This is Falling Stars ultimate form. Channeling the light not into his body, or into a solid form, he instead affects the space and time around his body, twisting it to his liking in a way to increase his speed even further - he now becomes able to travel at ten times the speed of sound at maximum, completely invisible to the untrained eye if he speeds away. However, he loses all defense in this form, having to focus completely on not burning to ash from air friction alone. Also, his body, being without the protection of the Body and Tool forms, can't withstand the high speeds for long. Attacking while at top speed, or going at it for too long, can and will break his bones and damage his internal organs. He is as likely to break his own arm with a punch as he is to shatter titanium and steel three times his mass to dust, thanks to the immense power the high velocity gives his punches. Running at absolute top-speed or flying at it for more than 1 minute will fracture his bones and rip his skin and superhero-suit which can normally even withstand a Cero blast.
1. Life Pulse - The stronger brother of Ray Pulse, Life Pulse works the same up to the 50 charges of Ray Strike, but can actually charge up higher, releasing most of the users energy and putting the life at dire risk, while charging up faster than the actual Ray Pulse. 50-70 - strength exceeeds Cero Oscuras levels, explosion reaches levels that can hit multiple enemies. 70-100 - double Gran Rey strength is easily matched. 100-200 - The absolute maximum, 200 pulses all at once will for sure fracture or completely break every bone in Kaitos body, in exchange for a punch and blast releasing not an explosion, but a complete, blinding white light and punch right into the existance of the enemy itself. Using all 200 is called 'Light Force', anything in-between is still called Life Pulse, and with lower numbers, weaker and less backslashing depending on the amount. 100 could be called 5% of Light Force, while 200 is the 100% mark. 200+ - Virtually impossible to reach. It is simply physically impossible to hold that much stored motion energy in ones body without simply exploding into a cloud of dust, or phasing out of existance because of too much stored 'speed' so that the world itself erases the person.
Strengths: Speed, matching many fight situations, charming smile, very good singing voice
Weakness: Weak endurance, not very durable, is weaker at night
History: Kaito was born in Japan, as a normal human boy, without my spiritual awareness or powers. Where exactly it was is unknown in todays time, but apparently it was in the near vicinity of a nuclear power plant, his father worked there as the chief of security, while his mother was a normal housewife. His childhood wasn't easy for him - mainly because his air-headed nature and love for comics, superhero-shows and mainly music made him mediocore at best, neglecting to use his quite able brain to learn the dull lessons of life. This would've most likely led him into either being actually successful with music, or he would've ended in the streets, but neither of those options happened to him. Instead, a far worse fate befell him - and all humans. When he was 14 years old, the real world was invaded by a sheer endless stream of Hollows. In the carnage and chaos breaking out, spiritual awareness spread like a sickness, and quickly, Kaito was able to see ghosts and the enemies attacking his world. Believing that if monsters were real, so were superheroes, he was absolutely sure that they would come and save the world and everyone living on it. And indeed, when the battle in his home-town started, the few remaining heroes of earth appeared to evacuate civillians, but too late. An Arrancar broke into the nuclear power plant near the town, and innitiated a gigantic meltdown. The explosion was contained by the Bakudo of a few Vizard to keep it from contaminating all of the earth, but the deadly nuclear rays spread out, and while spirits remained unaffected, everyone in Kaitos hometown, including him during the evacuation, became victim to a large dose of radiation, contaminating him and everyone else.
When a rescue-team of spirits finally arrived, help was too late for almost everyone. Nobody in the town seemed left alive - besides one single boy. Quickly, Kaito was found, but no doctor or mage in the worlds would be able to save him - his body had horrible burn wounds, open, seething flesh and the radiation-dosis in his body was way too high for any human to survive. Taken to a war hospital, he was given painkillers to at least make his death peaceful. But fate was not so nice as to kill him. The chance for the occurence of what happened to his body was most likely lower than any chance of winning the lottery, being abducted by aliens and shitting out a rainbow at the same time, but his body... didn't die from the radiation. Instead, it caused mutation and absorbtion. The process was... painful, to say the least. Even the strongest Morphines were rejected by his body almost instantly, and the doctors had to settle for sound-sealing his room without any hope of at some point stopping the screams from it.
He was burning, both inside and on the outside. His skin healed only to break open again, his nails regrew only to wither away and decay, and he was more of a living corpse than a human during this process. That he survived it was another miracle, but with each passing day, the lingering radiation in his body lessened. It had somehow induced a change in his DNA - he was no longer merely human, he was a spiritual mutant now. As the pain finally settled down, the young Kaito had undergone multiple phases of insanity, sanity and breakings in his mind, but after two entire weeks, he was finally able to sleep again, the deepest slumber of his whole life, for another entire week. Not a single dream disrupted the darkness, the soothing, painless darkness.
After this miracolous recovery, the doctors were amiss for a clue as to how he survived a deadly dosis of radiation, or even more, seemed to be immune to the slightly lingering radation of the war hospital near his old city, which would most likely forever be impossible to be inhabited by humans. The destroyed power plant had been sealed off, and now, the boy was standing infront of a ruin called his former life. As nobody had time to actually study just why he survived, Kaito quickly ended up with other refugees in Karakura. There, he witnessed the masked armys desperate struggle to save humanity, thousands of evil spirits, a handful of remaining Shinigami, and superpowered humans, all fighting just to either kill or save the civillians. It was during this time of loss and nothingness in his heart, that Kaito began to feel something inside of his own soul. His spiritual awareness had risen from being able to see to being able to sense, and above. Seeing the 'spirit threads' of people now, he noticed that his own one wasn't white as a humans, but completely blue instead. In order to get his mind away from nothingness, he tried to find out why that was - and discovered that he was able to bend the light around his body by applying the strange energy he felt inside of his soul, his own, very well hidden Reiryoku, accumulating a, for a 12 year old boy, oddly high Reiatsu surpassing any normal human by far. As he discovered his powers, he himself was also discovered - He was one of the few keeping the other refugees at least a bit in good moods with his singing, and thus, was approached by a rather strange combination of sound recording agent and defense agent of the united forces, to lend his voice to help them together with other 'voices of hope' to keep humanitys will existing and do their part in the war. His life finally had purpose again, because if it was his part to survive, then it was also his part to do whatever he could to help. Besides becoming 'Kaito', the friendly, open-hearted blue-haired idol of humanity, he also found out that his powers were not only convinient to turn out the lights in a room, but had indeed combat applications. All in the traditional style of his favorite comic books and shows of the childhood, he made his first costume, and during the second year of the war - a new fighter, a new legend appeared. The white hero, Falling Star, bending light in his hands and cutting away the darkness - Both normally and with his hidden idenity, he became the shining light of hope.
At some point during the war, while protecting a group of innocents, a young and brilliant woman saw him, in a way more modern costume able to withstand extreme speeds and tractions, as he drove of a big unit of Arrancars. Soon afterwards, Rising Moon, a new masked hero, started appearing around him and helped him out, tested him, and finally, became his 'sidekick', both revealing their secret identities as singers to each other, and teaming up both on stage and in fights to keep humanity safe, with Kaito unknowingly becoming the secret idol and dream of Rising Moon. Hardened by the battles of five years of war, going through emotional and personal growth, Falling Star now wishes for humanity to surive and rise out of their ashes, so that one day, they shall all be at peace once more.
Last edited by Silim on Fri May 13, 2011 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Shirou Emiya SEELE 03
Posts : 270 Join date : 2010-05-26 Age : 29
Subject: Re: Falling Star Wed May 11, 2011 7:49 pm