Kasai can be... rather hotheaded at times. He thinks after he acts, and that occasionally gets him into trouble. He's loud at times, and he's also rather annoying if you let him be that way. Then again, he really only does that to annoy people who annoy him in the first place - he's not easily annoyed, and he's is unlikely to hate you unless you do something that makes him want to hate you... such as killing a close friend, or taking someone's life who doesn't deserve it... He's not easily irked, but you don't want him to be, either.
He's a bit of a womanizer, too. Not as much as most self-proclaimed "ladies" men, but definitely more than your average guy. He certainly knows what a beautiful woman looks like, but he will never look past their personality. If he doesn't like how they act, he'll probably ignore them. That's just how he is. He cares more about personality than looks... But a hot bod never did anything wrong in his eyes. Especially redheads. Oh, he loves him some redheads.
He has a personal sense of honor... That is interchangeable. If he finds that his sense of honor is going to just slow him down, or it's going to hurt someone more than it's worth, he's going to try and change it to suit. He's changed his sense of honor about... once. Yeah, he's only had to change it once. And that was from "I won't kill, no matter what!" to "If I have to, I will kill." Yeah, that's the sort of honor changes that I mean.
Anyway, his mind is usually set on what his one goal is at the time - a phenomena called "Tunnel Mentality" or "Tunnel Vision". Basically, he can't be distracted or sidetracked when he knows what he wants - something that is both a gift, and a horrible curse. He can sometimes get so worked up over what he's trying to do, that he doesn't stop to think about anything else - and can end up ignoring those close to him.
He also has a huge fear of spiders. Just throwin' that out there. Also, he's a prettyboy. But... He's not afraid to get his hands dirty for the sake of justice and peace. Sounds very cliche, right? Wrong. He would rather do things for money... But nobody wants to pay a man who burns anything that he touches.Appearance:
Beneath the bandages are various tribal-like "tattoos" that cover Kasai's torso, arms and hands. These are not tattoos, but unhealed burn-marks, and the source of his powers.Height:
Natural AbilitiesPower Development Stage 1 Appearance:
When Kasai goes into his Stage 1, he must remove the bandages that surround his body. Once the burns all over his torso have been exposed to open air, the oxygen that they take in begins to burn. The burns glow, and then they ignite, causing Kasai's whole torso to become flame-covered.
These flames are extremely painful to use, and must still follow a set guideline. Firstly, Kasai needs to have all three things for fire to survive. Heat, Fuel and Air. Luckily, heat and fuel are provided by his own Reiatsu and metabolism respectively. Due to this, Kasai's own base metabolism is triple that of an average human male, meaning that he has to eat three times as much food to be able to convert enough of it into Glucose to sustain his fire, and keep an average bodily weight. Kasai has done well so far, but one slip-up could cost him his body weight, and maybe even his life.
He cannot use his abilities in a moisture-rich atmosphere, and if they have already been activated, they will dissipate in a manner of seconds. Also, once he activates his flames, he can hold them back after ten seconds, or a single post. They are only active on uncovered parts of his torso, so he can reveal a single arm, and have the same effect on that one arm, before going over the rest of his torso.
These flames burn at 1,800 degrees celcius - enough to melt human flesh. Unfortunately, Kasai has no way of being able to completely control it's temperature. He can hold it back to 500 degrees, but that's it.Power Development Stage 1 Abilities:Absorption
- As long as they are real (not made from Reiatsu), Kasai can absorb any flames that he chooses, and add them to the inferno that covers his body. He must do this to be able to use his abilities. That said, his fire burns at over 1,800 degrees Celsius, so he's able to burn pretty much anything he chooses.Forced Release
- Similar to a Bala, Kasai gathers up a small amount of absorbed flames in the palm of his hand, and fires it as a fast, short-range projectile. The more flames he has absorbed, the more powerful, but slower these become. These can be performed indefinitely, until Kasai runs out of natural flames.Hexaflare
- Similar to that of a Cero, Kasai gathers up a large amount of flames in the palm of his right hand, and fires them off at an opponent in a beam. These flames, when enough are gathered, can scorch most anything that comes within one foot of his blast, and pretty much decimating anything within the fire. He can only use this once every five posts.Shielding
- He is able to use his flames to shield himself from any other fire-based attacks.Enhanced Healing Speed - This is his only ability that's usable before Kasai activates his own flames. Any skin that has been opened up will heal in a matter of seconds, but leaves the rest of the wound below to heal at a natural rate.Power Development Stage 2 Appearance:
For Kasai to be able to use his Stage 2 abilities, one major thing must happen - all of his skin must be burned off, and not have healed. Once this has happened, his body becomes a beacon of flames. This hurts him more than you can imagine. He retains the use of all his Stage 1 abilities, along with a few new ones - the other catch here is that he can use his own flames with those abilities, as well as absorbed ones.Power Development Stage 2 Abilities:Infinite Absorption
- As long as heat exists in the air, Kasai can take it in and increase the flames that surround his body - this is passive.Omniflare
- If Kasai has no flames to access other than his own, he can send them all at an opponent at full strength. This is almost identical to Hexaflare, save for the fact that it is twice as powerful. Once this has been used, his flames die out, and his skin heals over to his normal state - he will be unable to use his abilities for the rest of the thread.Flight
- Kasai can fly for short distances, using jets of heated air from his hands.Burning Skin
- Due to the effects of the fire, Kasai's flames act as a new skin, protecting him from flesh wounds, and having the same healing effect as his normal skin.Grand Cross
- Kasai can create a blade of flames in the shape of a cross on his right hand. This blade is as a normal sword would be. it lasts until Kasai releases it, dies, or uses Omniflare.
Kasai Rain was born to two... normal human parents. Well, as normal as you can get when one of them... When his mother was attacked by a Hollow, and bitten while she was pregnant with him. Traces of the Hollow's abilites were passed on into a perfectly healthy baby-- No, not perfectly healthy. In fact, whenever someone touched him, they found Kasai to have amazingly hot skin. Thinking it to be a fever, he was rushed straight into the emergency wards, and "treated". No matter what they tried, nothing worked, and the baby not only seemed healthy, but he wasn't bothered one bit by the heat that was coming from under his skin.
So they conceded defeat, and let Kasai out into the world. Not only did he grow up to be healthy and seemingly normal, but he seemed to be rather intelligent in his studies too, so they simply left him alone.Awakening of his powers
At the age of 17, Kasai was attacked by a nearby group of Hollow - unknowingly, as he was far from hi-spec. The attackers managed to get a bite onto his body, and released his flames from their cage. As soon as they had been released, his entire body was engulfed in flames, and Kasai, now able to see spirits, defeated the Hollows with ease... And after his flames died down, and his skin healed, he was able to see new markings all over his body. These markings showed where the skin would never heal, and he had to make sure that they were covered at all times. If they were shown to too much oxygen, he wouldn't be able to hold them in.